I. Overview of GDGJE
Guangdong Gems & Jade Exchange (GDGJE) is a state-controlled provincial comprehensive trading platform for gems and jade transactions as jointly built by industry players and approved by the Guangdong Provincial Government. It was officially registered and incorporated on February 22nd, 2016 in Panyu Shawan Jewelry Industrial Park. As witnessed by the Provincial Governor Zhu Xiaodan, GDGJE was officially inaugurated and started operation on March 29th the same year.
Seizing the national development strategy opportunities of "One Belt and One Road", making efforts to promote the supply-side structural reform in the jewelry industry in China, GDGJE is in strict accordance with requirements raised by the Provincial Government, makes full use of Guangdong’s advantages in the jewelry industry and plays to the industry influence, takes service for the real economy as fundamental, focuses on major trade varieties such as jades, colored gemstones, organic gems. Gathering resources in industry clusters in Guangzhou, Pingzhou, Yangmei, Sihui and Shenzhen and joining hands with Chow Tai Fook and other international jewelry brands. GDGJE aims to build itself into a top of gems and jade exchange market network in Guangdong and a comprehensive service hub for the international jewelry industry supply chain.
II. Our mission
Gems make the world colorful!
III. Our vision
Focus on the domestic market and extend business to overseas markets, build GDGJE into a comprehensive service provider for global jewelry supply chain, and create the most influential comprehensive service hub for the international jewelry industr
IV. Our goals
1. Try hard to win over preferential policies favorable for the development of the jewelry industry;
2. Open efficient clearance channels for import and export of gems and jade and a foreign trade integrated service platform;
3. Establish a standardized and transparent trading system for the jewelry market;
4. Build a connected, shared and safe industry information and data service platform;
5. Provide industry-chain-wide financial services;
6. Create a modern international industry comprehensive service hub.
V. Our advantages
1. Authority: GDGJE is so far the only provincial gem and jade trading platform as authorized by the Guangdong Provincial Government and approved by the DCGD (Department of Commerce of Guangdong Province).
2. Policy: Upgrade of GDGJE into the gems & jade trading exchange has gained great support from relevant ministries and provincial and municipal governments, which have been providing channels for GDGJE to win over convenient custom clearance, preferential tax and applicable policies for international trading.
3. Credibility: GDGJE has been actively seeking to cooperate with major enterprises and organizations inside the industry so as to create a reliable and credible industry alliance, and to ensure the quality and the authenticity of the products. Presently, GDGJE has established strategic partnership with two professional accrediting bodies and obtained technical aupport from them: including the National Gemstone Testing Center (NGTC) and Guangdong Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarntine Bureau, Gemstone Testing Office (GEEIQB-GTO).
4. Radiating force:
(1) In China: GDGJE will gather resources in domestic industrial bases in Guangdong, Yunnan, Xinjiang and Heilongjiang and the jewelry industry associations, deepen regional cooperation and radiate throughout China.
(2) Internationally: GDGJE will actively step into developed countries and regions in terms of the world gems and jade industry to bridge China and foreign countries for trade exchange. So far GDGJE has established friendly relations with India, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Israel, Belgium, United Arab Emirates, South Africa and Brazil.
5. Support from financial institutions: as the major sponsor, Guangdong Asset and Equity Exchange Group (GAEX) has established strategic partnership with top 5 Chinese commercial banks and a number of local stock banks, providing strong financial support for GDGJE’s business development.
6. Collection of industry information and data: GDGJE will build an international platform sharing information on supply and sales for members both in and outside China, generate price index, and will also publish latest policies and information as well as latest international industry trends for the industry in real time.
Guangdong Gems & Jade Exchange
Add: Management Center: 706, East Block, Times Square, 28#, Tianhe Road (North), Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510620, China
Operation Center: B2, Complex Building, Shawan Jewelry Industrial Park, Panyu, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 511483, China
Tel: +86 20 39022717
Fax:+86 20 39022163